Who we are: Green Girl Recycling is a locally owned, family run, complete residential recycling service that has been in business in the mountains west of Boulder for over twelve years run by its founders; Bridget & Matt Johnson. Bridget started the front-door style residential recycling pick-up service because ‘there wasn’t a good program in the mountains for residential or commercial individuals who needed a great recycling program’.
* We give homes and small businesses in the mountains a choice to have 100% recycling (a company who will haul ALL recyclable materials at ONE time from a convenient location at an affordable rate.)
Please click on our How To Recycle Guide for Homes and/or our Hard-To-Recycle Items List for how to separate your residential recycling and for other hard to recycle items we are happy to haul for an additional cost.
We Make Recycling Easy
- How We Operate: We come right up to your front door (yes, front door – no hauling containers to the end of your mountain driveway or road). We will go inside your garage or shed and remove all of your recycling – we make residential recycling EASY! We ask that you separate recyclables into containers that can be lifted easily- no more than 40lbs each- (Rubbermaid containers, garbage cans, brown paper bags, sacks, etc.). Please see our How To Recycle Guide for Homes. All you have to do is just recycle – we will send you a calendar and work with your scheduling needs (yes, you can change your pickup schedule during the year, we work with you and your vacations) – it’s that simple.
- Service: Depending on your geographic location, we will determine the best route to set your household up on and will give you a magnetic calendar for the year highlighting when we will be getting your recyclables. The average household of 4 usually will set up bi-weekly or weekly services where a single individual or couple may only need one time service a month.
- Cost Information: Residential recycling rates vary depending on location, but average costs run between $22 and $35 per month: Once a month service $22.00, Twice a month service $27.00 and Weekly Service at $34.00. Please call us for specific pricing for your area.
- Reporting: We compile detailed information at each recycling location daily about what and how much we are recycling for each customer. This information helps us generate very useful savings reports. At the end of each year in January, we send out these recycling updates to all customers outlining how well they recycled and what those saving translate to within our environment (your personal green footprint)!
- Hard To Recycle Items: We are able to haul hard to recycle items such as packing peanuts, plastic bags #2-4’s, wood pallets, electronics, and small appliances. In Longmont we have a secure warehouse where we are also able to provide data destruction services for sensitive materials/papers that need to be destroyed. We meet all State regulations and can give out certificates of destruction.
- Secure Shredding Services: We provide complete data destruction services at our warehouse location, meet all State and Local requirements for this service and are happy to haul your sensitive papers to be destroyed. At the end of each month we provide detailed Certificates of Destruction and separate billing for this helpful service. The cost for shredding runs only 20 cents per pound in most cases depending on quantity shredded and distance hauled. Call us today for a free quote to clean up your old tax files!